Tuesday, November 4, 2014

the nicest kid in the world

On Halloween it poured.  We went trick-or-treating early (with somersaulting Scooby Doo, below) and spent the rest of the evening watching "The Great Pumpkin" & answering the door for soggy Elsas and monsters.

Our next door neighbor James, who is eight years old, came to the door in a fighter pilot's jumpsuit and did something I had never seen in forty-four Halloweens.  Not only did he not ask for candy, he offered my daughter candy because he was worried she hadn't gotten a chance to trick-or-treat because of the rain.

Yesterday I repaid the favor.  We had a bunch of leftover candy, and I figured James was an excellent distributor.  So I brought a three-pound bag to his door and asked him to help me share it with people who didn't get to trick or treat.  His eyes got big and he looked up at his mom for permission.  She nodded, and he said, "I've just identified my first targets."  It's going to be a sweet day at his school.


No comments:

Post a Comment