Monday, October 6, 2014

october 6

JOURNAL TOPIC:
Sometimes the best way to move forward is to consider what's brought us to this point.  In last week's journals some of you talked about making things with care instead of just buying the latest gadget and tossing it when something newer comes along.  This is important thinking, and we can apply it to all elements of our culture, our identity, and the stories we tell.  Yesterday I attended the Chumash Inter-Tribal Pow-Wow and was reminded of how easy it is to forget--and to remember--the values that make us who we are.  How does your sense of cultural heritage influence you?
AGENDA:
1. Journal
2. Vocab
3. Reading quiz: pp. 20-40
4. Review & notes: pp. 30-40
5. Continue reading

HW:
1. Study vocabulary for quiz Thursday
2. Read pp. 40-50

1 comment:

  1. I also attended the pow-wow as I do every year. It always makes me wish I was a part of the native American culture.

    ReplyDelete